Exams mean stepping into the next word of Higher Education i.e. from higher secondary to degree education. Many students may be in confusion on how to prepare for their exams they need to face. Students are often overtaken by the pressure of performing well in exams apart from other strains such as grasping and retaining everything. Studying hard and moreover, presenting what you have studied as desired by the examiner.
So to reassure all the examinees, we are providing HOT TIPS which one should start practicing before appearing in the exams.
Prepare a proper time table for your entire course. Divide your time for every activity. The time table should be devised in such a manner that your maximum time is devoted for studies instead of wasting it here and there. Allot proper time for your sleep, sleep early and wake up early next morning. Take out some time for activities which interest you most, such as playing games, watching TV or listening to music. This helps you to refresh yourself. Rationalize your time equally for each subject. Do not spend too much time on a particular subject and do not neglect another one.
Your target should be to cover a particular topic of a subject in one day. Do not try to over learn, as this will lead to confusion. Focus on concept building instead of the quantum of study. You can select one or two topics from 2-3 subjects everyday and finish them thoroughly. Too many topics at a time lead you nowhere during examination.
Smartly here does not mean that you skip some topics. Here it refers to your efficiency. Do not waste your entire day in solving a single difficult problem. If you get stuck in some question, move ahead and solve the next one. Plan your study well. Increase your study hours gradually. First solve the easy questions and then move to difficult ones.
Make notes, highlight, and if you don't mind making notes in your book, then you can even summaries the page in the margins. This will help you recollect important points just before the exam.
Practice makes a man perfect. Practicing model test papers in real time situations not only makes you familiar with the paper pattern, but also makes you confident. You get to know different ways in which questions can be asked and also raise doubts which you could not have come across while studying that chapter. So practice, practice and practice.
You should also devote some time for meditation and exercises to keep you fit. Meditation helps in improving your concentration and gives you mental peace. Sitting continuously for 12-14 hours daily during studying disturbs our digestive system, so we should do some simple exercises and take breaks at regular intervals.
While reading a lesson, a student's mind tends to wander here and there. This can be easily observed when students levote one or two hours to read a lesson without actually grasping anything.
The following tips may prove useful
- Be Interested You cannot concentrate on studies if you are not interested in what you are reading or what you are being taught by your teacher. Secondly, if there is anything in your mind that is worrying you, try to lighten it by sharing it with someone.
- Relax You are relaxed when you are at peace with yourself.
- Avoid Nervousness It happens when we get fixed up in a set timeframe. Fix up your time schedule for study so that it does not clash with any of your other activities.
• Try to study three different subjects per day; changing tasks produce a new energy surge.
• Do not engage in sport or tire yourself just before you sit either for a test or a study period. You should be relaxed before you engage in the task which requires thinking, concentration etc.
• Ensure that you are not hungry, sleepy, tired, and thirsty and don't need to go to the toilet before you sit to study or give a test. This will make sure that there are no unnecessary interruptions.